REMEMBER HIM? Boy Attacked By Dogs Returns From India (Photo)

Omonigho Abraham, the four year old boy who was attacked by dogs in the Igando area of Lagos State, has returned into the country from an India medical trip. Omonigho returned into Nigeria on Thursday, yesterday, with his father, Odia, and mother, Helen, who went with him on the trip.

Last year, October 7, 2014, the young boy was attacked by two dogs at their house on Adegboyega Street, Akesan Estate. Omonigho was playing with his two brothers, Osemudiamen and Bobby, when the dogs, owned by their landlord, pursued them.

While the others escaped because they were older, the dogs bit off Omonigho's scalp and dragged
him around. Policemen and residents who came around could not rescue him until his mother arrived at the scene and fought off the dogs.

PUNCH had reported that his stay at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, was marred by complaints of neglect and at a point, his father raised the alarm that Omonigho’s condition had worsened.

In December, Odia announced that the Delta State Government and a non-governmental organisation, Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care had concluded plans to fly him to India.

An alternative plan by the Lagos State Government was turned down by the victim’s family, who said the India travel plan had been concluded.

The four-year-old departed for India on November 28, 2014 despite concerns by the Lagos State Commissioner of Health, Mr. Jide Idris, that his condition was delicate and needed special attention.

When PUNCH Metro spoke with the family during the week while they were still in India, the mother said there were improvements in her son’s condition. She added that the family would be arriving Lagos on Thursday.

His father, Odia, on Thursday later told the newspaoer that the family finally arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport around 2pm. He said:
“We touched down at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport around 2pm. We are on our way home now. The doctors in India have completed their job. My boy is back to normal. I thank God that everything is okay.”

He appreciated the efforts of the Delta State Government, the NGO and the media for the attention given to his son. He also acknowledged the support of the Lagos State Government during his admission in LASUTH.